NYC schools begin offering the morning-after pill
The NYC school district has decided it imperative to provide morning-after pills to teenage girls. In an effort to curb teen pregnancies school officials have voted to supply the morning-after pill in high schools throughout the city. The morning-after pill is essentially an abortion pill. Unlike birth control, the purpose of the morning-after pill is to eliminate any resulting embryo from a sexual encounter.
If you’ve read my blog post Todd Akin is a legitimate idiot, you know my stance on the abortion debate. Fundamentally, I oppose abortions; thus oppose the morning-after pill. The legality of abortion doesn’t only center on the sanctity of life, but also the government’s role in assisting mothers in the care of raising their children. The government cannot ban abortions and subsequently expect financially, struggling mothers to solely raise their children.
I find it perplexing that a school district would opt to provide the morning-after pill to students. I wonder if parental consent is needed to obtain the pill. Pro-life advocates aren’t foolish to think that all teens remain abstinent until marriage. Condoms and birth control are realistic preventative tools to prevent unwanted pregnancies. These preventative measures can/should be encouraged in school. Ultimately, it is not the government’s role to provide contraceptive methods without parental consent. Parents should be held accountable to actually “parent” their children in the consequences of unprotected sex (not to say that most parents don’t have the “birds and the bees” talk with their children).
What do you think?
Should the morning-after pill be offered in high school?
With or without parental consent?
Twitter: @adrakontaidis & @talkrealdebate
About adrakontaidisA conservative who doesn't pander to the GOP.
- When Justice Failed
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Donald Trump’s views on ‘anchor babies’ are a bit hypocritical
- James Harrison returning his sons’ “participation trophies”
- Hillary Clinton Email Scandal Could Pose Major Impediment to her Presidential Campaign
- @beetrinh I was thinking the same thing. They were on #windycitylive and they said they think they didn't start dating until afterwards. 1 day ago
- @beetrinh Would she rather be with someone she is compatible with or simply one who is "ready" to propose a month… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- @beetrinh Exactly! The fact that she thinks this is a negative baffled me. 1 day ago
- @davesund Not a veteran, either, and his moral conviction (centered around him) confuses me. Don't know why religio… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago
- Twitter, I can die now. Just two more election cycles! #2024 twitter.com/juliedicaro/st… 8 hours ago
- @JulieDiCaro For the record, I'm a policy student, if that qualifies me for that WH job. #ConflictOfInterest? 😝 8 hours ago
- Hope everyone is having a great #LaborDay2015 1 year ago
- RT @CarrieMuskat: Final #Cubs 14, D-backs 5. Rizzo grand slam, Russell 2 HRs, Baez 3 H/1 HR. Lester 5 IP 1 year ago
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses wp.me/p2Gcas-1ft #KimDavis #Kentucky #RowanCounty #gaymarriage 1 year ago
- RT @MarlowNYC: Since Trump is in Paris, a reminder that his reaction to the Charlie Hebdo massacre was the absolute worst: https://t.co/l3M… 6 days ago
- You're a stupid asshole, @DonaldJTrumpJr. twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg… 6 days ago
- RT @SheThePeoplePod: Episode 14 on Elizabeth Blackwell is presented by @_CameliaBakes! Custom orders are 30% off if you mention STP at http… 6 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Carla McKinney, a Colorado teacher, is reprimanded for posting topless photos on Twitter
- Newsweek: Is College a Lousy Investment?
- ABC News highlights Chicago gang violence
- Newsweek: The Suicide Epidemic
- Steph Strayer posts photo of “cheating husband” on Facebook to shame him
- Sebastian De La Cruz Garners Racist Backlash Following Performance at the NBA Finals
- KTVU News Station Tricked in Reading False Names of Asiana Flight 214 Pilots
- The Wolverine (2013)
- Victoria Arlen, a Paralyzed U.S. Swimmer, is Banned from Paralympic World Championships
- Prisoners (2013)