NYC schools begin offering the morning-after pill
The NYC school district has decided it imperative to provide morning-after pills to teenage girls. In an effort to curb teen pregnancies school officials have voted to supply the morning-after pill in high schools throughout the city. The morning-after pill is essentially an abortion pill. Unlike birth control, the purpose of the morning-after pill is to eliminate any resulting embryo from a sexual encounter.
If you’ve read my blog post Todd Akin is a legitimate idiot, you know my stance on the abortion debate. Fundamentally, I oppose abortions; thus oppose the morning-after pill. The legality of abortion doesn’t only center on the sanctity of life, but also the government’s role in assisting mothers in the care of raising their children. The government cannot ban abortions and subsequently expect financially, struggling mothers to solely raise their children.
I find it perplexing that a school district would opt to provide the morning-after pill to students. I wonder if parental consent is needed to obtain the pill. Pro-life advocates aren’t foolish to think that all teens remain abstinent until marriage. Condoms and birth control are realistic preventative tools to prevent unwanted pregnancies. These preventative measures can/should be encouraged in school. Ultimately, it is not the government’s role to provide contraceptive methods without parental consent. Parents should be held accountable to actually “parent” their children in the consequences of unprotected sex (not to say that most parents don’t have the “birds and the bees” talk with their children).
What do you think?
Should the morning-after pill be offered in high school?
With or without parental consent?
Twitter: @adrakontaidis & @talkrealdebate
About adrakontaidisA conservative who doesn't pander to the GOP.
- When Justice Failed
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Donald Trump’s views on ‘anchor babies’ are a bit hypocritical
- James Harrison returning his sons’ “participation trophies”
- Hillary Clinton Email Scandal Could Pose Major Impediment to her Presidential Campaign
- @TheGameSurvivor Atlanta 2 days ago
- @TheGameSurvivor Love it! Proud to be an alumni. Having met her I can attest that she's a considerably sweet woma… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @RamblersMBB: Final: Clayton Custer can do it all! See you in Atlanta! #Loyola - 63 UT - 62 #OnwardLU #MVCHoops https://t.co/4W1DGvtllU 2 days ago
- @HamiltonHilary https://t.co/LkIcJGcz3j 13 hours ago
- RT @NBCNews: Dean Obeidallah: "Democrats have begun to fall head over heels in love with the goal of defeating Donald Trump and his agenda.… 13 hours ago
- .@kelly_clarkson yelling “it’s historical, read a book!” on #TheVoice because @blakeshelton didn’t get her… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- Hope everyone is having a great #LaborDay2015 2 years ago
- RT @CarrieMuskat: Final #Cubs 14, D-backs 5. Rizzo grand slam, Russell 2 HRs, Baez 3 H/1 HR. Lester 5 IP 2 years ago
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses wp.me/p2Gcas-1ft #KimDavis #Kentucky #RowanCounty #gaymarriage 2 years ago
- LMAO What a bunch of morons. 😆 twitter.com/nra/status/973… 5 days ago
- I’m never flying @United again. twitter.com/stephemcneal/s… 6 days ago
- Hey, @cta. You should tell your train conductors when they see people rushing down the stairs to catch the train th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Sebastian De La Cruz Garners Racist Backlash Following Performance at the NBA Finals
- Top 10 Pizzas
- What the heck has happened to Amanda Bynes?
- Why I Oppose Capital Punishment…
- Top 10 Hollywood Actors
- 12 Years a Slave (2013)
- 5 Facts about the 4th of July
- Steph Strayer posts photo of “cheating husband” on Facebook to shame him
- What’s wrong with "American Idol?"
- "Gangnam Style" rapper Psy makes anti-American comments