NYC schools begin offering the morning-after pill
The NYC school district has decided it imperative to provide morning-after pills to teenage girls. In an effort to curb teen pregnancies school officials have voted to supply the morning-after pill in high schools throughout the city. The morning-after pill is essentially an abortion pill. Unlike birth control, the purpose of the morning-after pill is to eliminate any resulting embryo from a sexual encounter.
If you’ve read my blog post Todd Akin is a legitimate idiot, you know my stance on the abortion debate. Fundamentally, I oppose abortions; thus oppose the morning-after pill. The legality of abortion doesn’t only center on the sanctity of life, but also the government’s role in assisting mothers in the care of raising their children. The government cannot ban abortions and subsequently expect financially, struggling mothers to solely raise their children.
I find it perplexing that a school district would opt to provide the morning-after pill to students. I wonder if parental consent is needed to obtain the pill. Pro-life advocates aren’t foolish to think that all teens remain abstinent until marriage. Condoms and birth control are realistic preventative tools to prevent unwanted pregnancies. These preventative measures can/should be encouraged in school. Ultimately, it is not the government’s role to provide contraceptive methods without parental consent. Parents should be held accountable to actually “parent” their children in the consequences of unprotected sex (not to say that most parents don’t have the “birds and the bees” talk with their children).
What do you think?
Should the morning-after pill be offered in high school?
With or without parental consent?
Twitter: @adrakontaidis & @talkrealdebate
About adrakontaidisA conservative who doesn't pander to the GOP.
- When Justice Failed
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Donald Trump’s views on ‘anchor babies’ are a bit hypocritical
- James Harrison returning his sons’ “participation trophies”
- Hillary Clinton Email Scandal Could Pose Major Impediment to her Presidential Campaign
- RT @BlackGirlNerds: #BlackLightning is LIT! Literally! https://t.co/Zlv7YT6FKz 4 days ago
- Rewatching my favorite scene from the overrated #AmericanHustle. You know, when Amy Adams screams from ecstasy after taking a dump. 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 4 days ago
- @_Camelia David is an example of what the show is supposed to be about. Not dancers or gymnasts being "perfect" every week. 6 days ago
- RT @chrislhayes: Astoundingly vile. twitter.com/noahcrothman/s… 1 day ago
- RT @politico: .@RepCummings on @VP Pence: "Either he's not telling the truth or he was running a sloppy shop" politi.co/2rpwZUd https… 2 days ago
- This girl is my spirit animal! You go, Khloe! #UmBeauty twitter.com/dinsmore_kyle/… 2 days ago
- Hope everyone is having a great #LaborDay2015 1 year ago
- RT @CarrieMuskat: Final #Cubs 14, D-backs 5. Rizzo grand slam, Russell 2 HRs, Baez 3 H/1 HR. Lester 5 IP 1 year ago
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses wp.me/p2Gcas-1ft #KimDavis #Kentucky #RowanCounty #gaymarriage 1 year ago
- Well, aren't you a piece of shit, Geraldo. twitter.com/geraldorivera/… 5 hours ago
- RT @Glenn_Kitson: Manchester Muslim doctors working through the night, Manchester Muslim taxi drivers taking people home for free. You don'… 5 hours ago