Constructionpalooza is the name I’ve coined for the abundant construction projects littering my home state of Illinois. Construction projects that seemingly NEVER end. For some reason it takes people five months to make new sidewalks. You’d think the workers would be laying bricks of gold. Gold certainly excavated by the construction workers themselves. It would be the only logical reason for the delay. I don’t understand why a project is started, then abandoned for a week, then renewed, then abandoned. This has been the story of my life this summer.
Not only have these projects become of great annoyance, but for some reason the architect of these renovations decided to “fix” an area and its many alternative routes, AT THE SAME TIME. Just another genius leader. Must be a relative of Emanuel. Or Boehner. Or Pelosi. As Mother Nature bypasses the fall season and blankets America with freezing temperatures I can only hope the projects will be done before the first snowfall.
Here’s hoping for an end to Constructionpalooza.
Never liked you. Surely won’t miss you.
Twitter: @adrakontaidis & @talkrealdebate
About adrakontaidisA conservative who doesn't pander to the GOP.
- When Justice Failed
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Donald Trump’s views on ‘anchor babies’ are a bit hypocritical
- James Harrison returning his sons’ “participation trophies”
- Hillary Clinton Email Scandal Could Pose Major Impediment to her Presidential Campaign
- @Pierce_Brown Thank you! I kept thinking the same thing. 1 day ago
- #CrisisOnEarthX was a very good crossover event. Some of the best TV I've watched all year. 2 weeks ago
- RT @AMAs: Miss independent. Miss self-sufficient. Miss keep your distance... because @kelly_clarkson owned the #AMAs stage! #KELLYxAMAs htt… 4 weeks ago
- Congratulations to my other baby brother! Arshad, I am incredibly… instagram.com/p/Bc0mkZWgbajg… 7 hours ago
- RT @Pontifex: We become holy when we work for others. When we do so, we continue the creative action of God in history. 1 day ago
- RT @PreetBharara: Agreed. Robert Mueller's attackers are virtually all political operatives & ideologues. They have always been the swamp;… 1 day ago
- Hope everyone is having a great #LaborDay2015 2 years ago
- RT @CarrieMuskat: Final #Cubs 14, D-backs 5. Rizzo grand slam, Russell 2 HRs, Baez 3 H/1 HR. Lester 5 IP 2 years ago
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses wp.me/p2Gcas-1ft #KimDavis #Kentucky #RowanCounty #gaymarriage 2 years ago
- Assholes. twitter.com/davidsirota/st… 2 days ago
- .@DIRECTVService Your playback feature is flawed. In the middle of a movie, it will suddenly fast-forward to the end. 2 days ago
- .@realDonaldTrump https://t.co/Ld64RStBnj 5 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- LeBron James is overrated
- Victoria Arlen, a Paralyzed U.S. Swimmer, is Banned from Paralympic World Championships
- Ashton Kutcher’s Speech—Teen Choice Awards 2013
- Top 10 Pizzas
- 12 Years a Slave (2013)
- What’s wrong with "American Idol?"
- Michigan high school ignores rape accusations to protect star basketball player
- Lesbian student wins Prom King at Lane Tech High School
- Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner Take on Paparazzi
- Sunday Night Football Theme Song: Carrie Underwood vs. Faith Hill