Just because you disagree with me doesn’t mean I am stupid
My rant of the week is dedicated to all those dissenters who deem my opinions and more so me as someone intellectually inept. Now I welcome debate. That is the main purpose of this blog. What I don’t welcome are rude and arrogant individuals who think it is their duty to lecture me on their opinions. I implore those who wish to engage in a debate with me that in the process of debating it is wise and certainly required that you actually read my entire response. It is also a good idea to read what you state as well.
There are two individuals in particular whose comments were obtuse. One person told me that my opinion in separating my religious beliefs and my political beliefs was stupid. That somehow following the law was illogical. Another person disagreed with my opinion on abortion. He told me I obviously hadn’t thought my stance over (since I didn’t agree with him). We don’t live in a dictatorship. Everyone has the freedom to have an opinion. If you don’t agree with mine, that’s fine. I respect your opinion. I just don’t agree with it.
What’s dumb is thinking that I haven’t thoroughly thought my stance. No one, but me, knows the amount of time I put into thinking my opinions over. I do not take these issues (especially my opinion on abortion) lightly. I am not some android-being devoid of a heart. Please don’t make assumptions of my life. Of my upbringing. You know nothing about me. I have never told someone their opinion is dumb. Or that they haven’t thought it thoroughly over enough.
The genius of this country is that we have the right to our own opinion. That we can vote for the candidate who mostly agrees with our opinions. When you neglect to read my opinion, or even what you’ve previously stated in our “debate,” I will choose to no longer correspond with you. When you choose to call me stupid, you don’t “win” the debate. You simply end it. At that point it no longer is a debate. It is you giving me a lecture on your beliefs. I’m no longer in school. So I don’t have to sit through anymore lectures.
And remember…the only thing stupid is you thinking your opinion is always and only right.
Twitter: @adrakontaidis & @talkrealdebate
About adrakontaidisA conservative who doesn't pander to the GOP.
- When Justice Failed
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Donald Trump’s views on ‘anchor babies’ are a bit hypocritical
- James Harrison returning his sons’ “participation trophies”
- Hillary Clinton Email Scandal Could Pose Major Impediment to her Presidential Campaign
- Finished reading #SpoilerAlertTheHeroDies today. What a beautiful memoir. @MichaelAusiello #smurfsareawesome #KitCowan #MisterScooch #love 2 days ago
- RT @angiecthomas: No lie - I got teary-eyed when I saw this. Meet the Carter family 😊@TheHateUGive #theHateUGive https://t.co/hYzgEFDMnl 6 days ago
- RT @DaltonRoss: 35 Reasons to Love Survivor! (Had a lot of fun writing this. Please read & share with your #Survivor friends.) https://t.co… 6 days ago
- RT @theseantcollins: McCain 202-224-2235 Murkowski 202-224-6665 Collins 202-224-2523 Portman 202-224-3353 Capito 202-224-6472 Alexander 202… 2 hours ago
- RT @ChrisMurphyCT: Republican Govs from Ohio, Nevada, Alaska, Vermont, Massachusetts come out against new #TRUMPCARE bill. Big news. 3 hours ago
- RT @JohnKasich: Graham/Cassidy/Heller/Johnson eliminates the guardrails that protect some of the most vulnerable among us. 2/ 4 hours ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- RT @MattBellassai: lucius malfoy youre doing amazing sweetie twitter.com/hellogoodbritt… 20 hours ago
- RT @TeenVogue: "For anyone who cares about democracy and/or the truth, silence is not an option." tnvge.co/9RMBUWX 20 hours ago
- RT @JoeBerkowitz: Let's not let people like Spicer and Mooch become Cute Things. They were lying mouthpieces, utter disgraces. They should… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Victoria Arlen, a Paralyzed U.S. Swimmer, is Banned from Paralympic World Championships
- What the heck has happened to Amanda Bynes?
- Rehtaeh Parsons hangs herself after gang-rape photos go viral
- Why I Oppose Capital Punishment…
- Top 10 Hollywood Actors
- Pentagon Papers Lawyer James Goodale: Attorney General Eric Holder should resign
- Teen Mom’s Yearbook Photo is Banned Because of “Prop”
- Devil’s Due (2014)
- Don't think racism is an issue these days? Just go on Instagram (and other social media).
- Honor Student Erin Cox Punished for Giving Drunken Friend a Ride Home