Just because you disagree with me doesn’t mean I am stupid
My rant of the week is dedicated to all those dissenters who deem my opinions and more so me as someone intellectually inept. Now I welcome debate. That is the main purpose of this blog. What I don’t welcome are rude and arrogant individuals who think it is their duty to lecture me on their opinions. I implore those who wish to engage in a debate with me that in the process of debating it is wise and certainly required that you actually read my entire response. It is also a good idea to read what you state as well.
There are two individuals in particular whose comments were obtuse. One person told me that my opinion in separating my religious beliefs and my political beliefs was stupid. That somehow following the law was illogical. Another person disagreed with my opinion on abortion. He told me I obviously hadn’t thought my stance over (since I didn’t agree with him). We don’t live in a dictatorship. Everyone has the freedom to have an opinion. If you don’t agree with mine, that’s fine. I respect your opinion. I just don’t agree with it.
What’s dumb is thinking that I haven’t thoroughly thought my stance. No one, but me, knows the amount of time I put into thinking my opinions over. I do not take these issues (especially my opinion on abortion) lightly. I am not some android-being devoid of a heart. Please don’t make assumptions of my life. Of my upbringing. You know nothing about me. I have never told someone their opinion is dumb. Or that they haven’t thought it thoroughly over enough.
The genius of this country is that we have the right to our own opinion. That we can vote for the candidate who mostly agrees with our opinions. When you neglect to read my opinion, or even what you’ve previously stated in our “debate,” I will choose to no longer correspond with you. When you choose to call me stupid, you don’t “win” the debate. You simply end it. At that point it no longer is a debate. It is you giving me a lecture on your beliefs. I’m no longer in school. So I don’t have to sit through anymore lectures.
And remember…the only thing stupid is you thinking your opinion is always and only right.
Twitter: @adrakontaidis & @talkrealdebate
About adrakontaidisA conservative who doesn't pander to the GOP.
- When Justice Failed
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Donald Trump’s views on ‘anchor babies’ are a bit hypocritical
- James Harrison returning his sons’ “participation trophies”
- Hillary Clinton Email Scandal Could Pose Major Impediment to her Presidential Campaign
- RT @RamblersMBB: 2H (0:03) YES! Donte Ingram with a dagger he let go back in Chicago! Donte Ingram is CLUTCH! He has the clutch gene! #Loy… 1 day ago
- RT @RamblersMBB: Final: Survive and Advance #Loyola - 64 Miami - 62 #OnwardLU #LUCMBB100 #MVCHoops #MarchMadness https://t.co/5IK8wpL8Wp 1 day ago
- Tomorrow I'll be participating in the "Ride for a Reason" cycling event at my local #lifetime gym to raise money fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Feels less and less crazy. twitter.com/isikoff/status… 4 hours ago
- RT @BrianLehrer: "If there’s one thing that people take away from @IcarusNetflix, I’d love them to see what Russia is willing to do to perv… 5 hours ago
- Life in 2018: Watch doping doc @IcarusNetflix and feel worried the whole time for the whistleblower’s safety, since… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Hope everyone is having a great #LaborDay2015 2 years ago
- RT @CarrieMuskat: Final #Cubs 14, D-backs 5. Rizzo grand slam, Russell 2 HRs, Baez 3 H/1 HR. Lester 5 IP 2 years ago
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses wp.me/p2Gcas-1ft #KimDavis #Kentucky #RowanCounty #gaymarriage 2 years ago
- LMAO What a bunch of morons. 😆 twitter.com/nra/status/973… 3 days ago
- I’m never flying @United again. twitter.com/stephemcneal/s… 3 days ago
- Hey, @cta. You should tell your train conductors when they see people rushing down the stairs to catch the train th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Carla McKinney, a Colorado teacher, is reprimanded for posting topless photos on Twitter
- Stacie Halas, a California Teacher fired for Porn Past, loses appeal
- Cristy Nicole Deweese, a Texas high school teacher, under fire for previously posing for Playboy Magazine
- Cancellation of "666 Park Ave." is an impulsive decision by ABC
- 1st grade teacher at Sandy Hook refuses to unlock the door
- Suspect #2 is captured; now let us not forget the Victims
- First Lady Michelle Obama Changes National Platform to now Promote Stricter Gun Control
- Victoria Arlen, a Paralyzed U.S. Swimmer, is Banned from Paralympic World Championships
- We’re the Millers (2013)
- Prisoners (2013)