Why should politicians care about the fiscal cliff when their entitlements are guaranteed?
With the “fiscal cliff” ever looming and our politician’s inability to understand the meaning of compromise it is becoming abundantly clear that we will in fact go off this proverbial cliff. Both sides are already strategizing their blame attack. Republicans cling on to the hope of no tax rate hikes for the top 2% of taxpayers while our president gallivants around the country continuing his campaign. I just can’t express how reassuring these actions make me. Oh wait that’s because I’m NOT reassured AT ALL. I initially thought a short-term deal would be passed in time, but now I believe enormous posturing will in effect stand in the way for a compromise.
If you really think about it, why should Congress care? Regardless of what happens they are guaranteed their entitlements.
- They have a great healthcare plan, which mind you is conveniently not a part of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Seemingly unlimited sick time (as so eloquently illustrated by former Congressman Jessie Jackson Jr.).
- They work part-time. Have months worth of vacation. In fact in case you were unaware, they go on vacation December 14th! Yes, that’s right. Congress goes on vacation with or without a deal. As the average American gains an ulcer figuring out how they will pay for the expected $3,500 tax increase next year, our fellow congressmen and women will be soaking in the sun-rays. Thank God. Speaker John Boehner’s “tan” was starting to fade. Let’s not forget Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi. She needs time to buy more sunglasses. It sure can get very bright in the Capitol building. Plus, her wrinkles are starting to show again (a Botox appointment already in the works). We wouldn’t want our politicians not looking their best. We have an image to uphold. To the heck with our economy.
- Congress will garner great pensions for life (in some cases even if convicted of felons). Of which money will magically never be used for other purposes, unlike the Social Security trust that was siphoned of its funds to pay annual deficit budgets.
Never fear my great fellow Americans. I have heard of some compromise in the works. Yes, in recent days I have heard both Democrats and Republicans begin to say the same thing. Now what rhetoric you might ask? Well that Americans are probably better off going over this “fiscal cliff.” YES! This is their new, great idea. Think about it. Doing their jobs is really impeding with their vacation planning. It can get really stressful planning a vacation. I mean how do they top off last month’s vacation? Or the one before that? Silly constituents thinking our elected officials have time in their “busy” schedules to not only show up to work, but to actually work.
The sad fact is that Congress will NEVER change, unless WE change. Why should they? They barely get anything done. Garner an exorbitant array of benefits and entitlements. Most importantly they are continuously reelected, regardless of their level of incompetency. I don’t think it is a coincidence that the same people advocating a “no-deal” are in fact wealthy. They can sustain the onslaught the U.S. economy will endure and the tax increase every American will incur.
I hope my fellow Americans are closely watching these “negotiations” (if you can even call them that). Because this my friends is what you elected. You have elected the same egotistical, out-of-touch politicians that impede any real progress. I would be foolish to say that all politicians are inadequate. There are many noteworthy political servants of this great nation. I simply think there aren’t enough. And that is the reason why America’s problems NEVER get fixed.
I leave you with this picture I was recently emailed. I am sure my fellow Illinoisans will get a kick out of it.
Are you hopeful a deal will get done?
Why should Congress get a deal done, when their entitlements are protected?
Twitter: @adrakontaidis & @talkrealdebate
About adrakontaidisA conservative who doesn't pander to the GOP.
- When Justice Failed
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Donald Trump’s views on ‘anchor babies’ are a bit hypocritical
- James Harrison returning his sons’ “participation trophies”
- Hillary Clinton Email Scandal Could Pose Major Impediment to her Presidential Campaign
- RT @ZachZaidman: Jordan Howard helped lead #Bears to their first road win in 658 days https://t.co/hYzglYkDtU 3 days ago
- RT @NickFriedell: Theo on setting up the rotation for Dodgers: “We’ll figure it out on the plane before the heavy drinking starts.” Ha. 6 days ago
- RT @NHLBlackhawks: Well that was a nice way to start the season. #HAWKSWIN https://t.co/rRiZDpgzMl 1 week ago
- .@chrislhayes is this your favorite or what? twitter.com/Cubs/status/92… 4 hours ago
- .@jaketapper you're an amazing journalist, please don't let the words of sexual predators discourage you. Keep up the great reporting! 4 hours ago
- RT @jaketapper: "Low" would be sexually harassing staffers and then getting fired for it -- humiliated in front of the world. Now THAT woul… 4 hours ago
- Hope everyone is having a great #LaborDay2015 2 years ago
- RT @CarrieMuskat: Final #Cubs 14, D-backs 5. Rizzo grand slam, Russell 2 HRs, Baez 3 H/1 HR. Lester 5 IP 2 years ago
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses wp.me/p2Gcas-1ft #KimDavis #Kentucky #RowanCounty #gaymarriage 2 years ago
- RT @thekapman: Jake ✔️ Q __ Jon __ Professor __ NLCS Champs #CUBS 13 hours ago
- .@KrisBryant_23 and @ARizzo44: Get your shit together. Thanks. 13 hours ago
- #FlyTheW 13 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Victoria Arlen, a Paralyzed U.S. Swimmer, is Banned from Paralympic World Championships
- Cristy Nicole Deweese, a Texas high school teacher, under fire for previously posing for Playboy Magazine
- Why I Oppose Capital Punishment…
- Kim Kardashian isn’t fat, she’s pregnant...
- Top 10 All-Time Movie List
- Top 10 Hollywood Actors
- The Ellen Show: Andy and Amy’s Haunted House
- Devil’s Due (2014)
- Newsweek: Is College a Lousy Investment?
- What’s wrong with "American Idol?"