Sebastian De La Cruz Garners Racist Backlash Following Performance at the NBA Finals
What wasn’t great was the racist comments that were cowardly posted via Twitter following his performance.
Here are some examples:
I’ve written in the past on racism, more specifically via social media. Social media can be a great tool to interact with others; but it has its faults. Racists use it as a cowardly means to vent their hatred. They cower via the internet, while spreading their malicious words intended this time towards an innocent 11-year-old! Seriously, what did this kid do to deserve these comments! The answer of course is nothing.
Sebastian beautifully sang the “Star Spangled Banner.” It was one of the better versions I have ever heard. I don’t understand why someone would first think he isn’t American and is an illegal immigrant because of the way he looks. That’s dumb. But, then again so are these trolls.
Sebastian responded to his critics:
“My father was actually in the Navy for a pretty long time and I actually salute him today for that. People don’t know, they just assume, that I’m Mexican, but I’m not from Mexico. I’m from San Antonio, born and raised—a true Spurs fan.”
I think his response was brilliant. More over I am glad that he has been asked to sing once again before Game 4 of the NBA Finals. Now you might feel inclined to tweet these losers of their stupidity. I suggest we don’t. I suggest we ignore them. Our comments won’t change their minds. It won’t change their hearts. Frankly, it will only fuel their hunger for attention. They thrive on raising your blood pressure. Ignore them and they lose their power.
To all those idiots please remember:
This kid can sing.
He is American.
Get over it.
If not, then shut the ****(insert vulgar word; hey I try to remain classy on this blog) up!
Oh and GO SPURS! Remember Lebron James is overrated! J
What do you think of this backlash?
Twitter: @adrakontaidis & @talkrealdebate
About adrakontaidisA conservative who doesn't pander to the GOP.
- When Justice Failed
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Donald Trump’s views on ‘anchor babies’ are a bit hypocritical
- James Harrison returning his sons’ “participation trophies”
- Hillary Clinton Email Scandal Could Pose Major Impediment to her Presidential Campaign
- @Pierce_Brown Thank you! I kept thinking the same thing. 1 day ago
- #CrisisOnEarthX was a very good crossover event. Some of the best TV I've watched all year. 2 weeks ago
- RT @AMAs: Miss independent. Miss self-sufficient. Miss keep your distance... because @kelly_clarkson owned the #AMAs stage! #KELLYxAMAs htt… 4 weeks ago
- Congratulations to my other baby brother! Arshad, I am incredibly… instagram.com/p/Bc0mkZWgbajg… 7 hours ago
- RT @Pontifex: We become holy when we work for others. When we do so, we continue the creative action of God in history. 1 day ago
- RT @PreetBharara: Agreed. Robert Mueller's attackers are virtually all political operatives & ideologues. They have always been the swamp;… 1 day ago
- Hope everyone is having a great #LaborDay2015 2 years ago
- RT @CarrieMuskat: Final #Cubs 14, D-backs 5. Rizzo grand slam, Russell 2 HRs, Baez 3 H/1 HR. Lester 5 IP 2 years ago
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses wp.me/p2Gcas-1ft #KimDavis #Kentucky #RowanCounty #gaymarriage 2 years ago
- Assholes. twitter.com/davidsirota/st… 2 days ago
- .@DIRECTVService Your playback feature is flawed. In the middle of a movie, it will suddenly fast-forward to the end. 2 days ago
- .@realDonaldTrump https://t.co/Ld64RStBnj 5 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- LeBron James is overrated
- Victoria Arlen, a Paralyzed U.S. Swimmer, is Banned from Paralympic World Championships
- Ashton Kutcher’s Speech—Teen Choice Awards 2013
- Top 10 Pizzas
- 12 Years a Slave (2013)
- What’s wrong with "American Idol?"
- Michigan high school ignores rape accusations to protect star basketball player
- Lesbian student wins Prom King at Lane Tech High School
- Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner Take on Paparazzi
- Sunday Night Football Theme Song: Carrie Underwood vs. Faith Hill