Jimmy Kimmel Reveals “Worst Twerk Fail EVER” was a Hoax
Earlier this week, late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel revealed during his show that a viral video released months prior of a girl catching on fire while trying to “twerk” was simply an elaborate hoax to “prove” the media would cover a non-story.
Here’s the clip from the show:
I have to admit that I had thankfully managed to avoid the news coverage of this ridiculous story. I do find it somewhat incredulous that this viral video was mentioned on the actual news.
A friend of mine did bring up the point that most of the clips Kimmel shows in his coverage are either from shows that are more “entertainment” based or simply filler for the last few minutes of the broadcast. As he said, “It’s not like this video was the leading story on any reputable news program.” I think that’s a great point.
I do remember fast forwarding this “news” story during reputable news programs though. It might not have been during their leading segments, but it was still covered nonetheless. With everything happening in the world (i.e. Syrian crisis as one example) and our multitude of domestic frailties I don’t think the video should have been mentioned on any news program.
What do you think?
Twitter: @adrakontaidis & @talkrealdebate
About adrakontaidisA conservative who doesn't pander to the GOP.
- When Justice Failed
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Donald Trump’s views on ‘anchor babies’ are a bit hypocritical
- James Harrison returning his sons’ “participation trophies”
- Hillary Clinton Email Scandal Could Pose Major Impediment to her Presidential Campaign
- @beetrinh I was thinking the same thing. They were on #windycitylive and they said they think they didn't start dating until afterwards. 1 day ago
- @beetrinh Would she rather be with someone she is compatible with or simply one who is "ready" to propose a month… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- @beetrinh Exactly! The fact that she thinks this is a negative baffled me. 1 day ago
- RT @enews: Chester Bennington was found dead on what would have been the 53rd birthday of his dear friend, Chris Cornell: https://t.co/gNR1… 1 minute ago
- RT @GshroudOCTW: Depression is hard to understand. But if it can kill Robin Williams, Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington I'd say it's pr… 24 minutes ago
- RT @thalestral: You, a literate: if females want science fiction they should go & write it! Me, a nerd: wow if only a woman had written th… 4 hours ago
- Hope everyone is having a great #LaborDay2015 1 year ago
- RT @CarrieMuskat: Final #Cubs 14, D-backs 5. Rizzo grand slam, Russell 2 HRs, Baez 3 H/1 HR. Lester 5 IP 1 year ago
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses wp.me/p2Gcas-1ft #KimDavis #Kentucky #RowanCounty #gaymarriage 1 year ago
- RT @MarlowNYC: Since Trump is in Paris, a reminder that his reaction to the Charlie Hebdo massacre was the absolute worst: https://t.co/l3M… 6 days ago
- You're a stupid asshole, @DonaldJTrumpJr. twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg… 6 days ago
- RT @SheThePeoplePod: Episode 14 on Elizabeth Blackwell is presented by @_CameliaBakes! Custom orders are 30% off if you mention STP at http… 6 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Carla McKinney, a Colorado teacher, is reprimanded for posting topless photos on Twitter
- Newsweek: The Suicide Epidemic
- Newsweek: Is College a Lousy Investment?
- ABC News highlights Chicago gang violence
- Steph Strayer posts photo of “cheating husband” on Facebook to shame him
- Sebastian De La Cruz Garners Racist Backlash Following Performance at the NBA Finals
- KTVU News Station Tricked in Reading False Names of Asiana Flight 214 Pilots
- The Wolverine (2013)
- Victoria Arlen, a Paralyzed U.S. Swimmer, is Banned from Paralympic World Championships
- Prisoners (2013)