Jimmy Kimmel Reveals “Worst Twerk Fail EVER” was a Hoax
Earlier this week, late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel revealed during his show that a viral video released months prior of a girl catching on fire while trying to “twerk” was simply an elaborate hoax to “prove” the media would cover a non-story.
Here’s the clip from the show:
I have to admit that I had thankfully managed to avoid the news coverage of this ridiculous story. I do find it somewhat incredulous that this viral video was mentioned on the actual news.
A friend of mine did bring up the point that most of the clips Kimmel shows in his coverage are either from shows that are more “entertainment” based or simply filler for the last few minutes of the broadcast. As he said, “It’s not like this video was the leading story on any reputable news program.” I think that’s a great point.
I do remember fast forwarding this “news” story during reputable news programs though. It might not have been during their leading segments, but it was still covered nonetheless. With everything happening in the world (i.e. Syrian crisis as one example) and our multitude of domestic frailties I don’t think the video should have been mentioned on any news program.
What do you think?
Twitter: @adrakontaidis & @talkrealdebate
About adrakontaidisA conservative who doesn't pander to the GOP.
- When Justice Failed
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Donald Trump’s views on ‘anchor babies’ are a bit hypocritical
- James Harrison returning his sons’ “participation trophies”
- Hillary Clinton Email Scandal Could Pose Major Impediment to her Presidential Campaign
- #CrisisOnEarthX was a very good crossover event. Some of the best TV I've watched all year. 2 weeks ago
- RT @AMAs: Miss independent. Miss self-sufficient. Miss keep your distance... because @kelly_clarkson owned the #AMAs stage! #KELLYxAMAs htt… 3 weeks ago
- One of the best episodes of #TheBlacklist . Wow. 4 weeks ago
- RT @neeratanden: Smart men aren’t scared of strong women. That is all. 8 hours ago
- RT @RepMikeCoffman: Given @AjitPaiFCC and the @FCC lack of response to my letter, I will be submitting legislation pertaining to #netneutra… 15 hours ago
- RT @spj_tweets: #ICYMI The internet is the public’s forum and should remain open and accessible. #NetNeutrality journalists.org/2017/12/06/ona… ht… 22 hours ago
- Hope everyone is having a great #LaborDay2015 2 years ago
- RT @CarrieMuskat: Final #Cubs 14, D-backs 5. Rizzo grand slam, Russell 2 HRs, Baez 3 H/1 HR. Lester 5 IP 2 years ago
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses wp.me/p2Gcas-1ft #KimDavis #Kentucky #RowanCounty #gaymarriage 2 years ago
- .@realDonaldTrump https://t.co/Ld64RStBnj 2 days ago
- .@MooreSenate #AlabamaSenateElection #AlabamaSenate #DougJones https://t.co/0ajeFWeGTB 2 days ago
- 🤦🏻♀️ twitter.com/theleadcnn/sta… 2 days ago