Jimmy Kimmel Reveals “Worst Twerk Fail EVER” was a Hoax
Earlier this week, late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel revealed during his show that a viral video released months prior of a girl catching on fire while trying to “twerk” was simply an elaborate hoax to “prove” the media would cover a non-story.
Here’s the clip from the show:
I have to admit that I had thankfully managed to avoid the news coverage of this ridiculous story. I do find it somewhat incredulous that this viral video was mentioned on the actual news.
A friend of mine did bring up the point that most of the clips Kimmel shows in his coverage are either from shows that are more “entertainment” based or simply filler for the last few minutes of the broadcast. As he said, “It’s not like this video was the leading story on any reputable news program.” I think that’s a great point.
I do remember fast forwarding this “news” story during reputable news programs though. It might not have been during their leading segments, but it was still covered nonetheless. With everything happening in the world (i.e. Syrian crisis as one example) and our multitude of domestic frailties I don’t think the video should have been mentioned on any news program.
What do you think?
Twitter: @adrakontaidis & @talkrealdebate
About adrakontaidisA conservative who doesn't pander to the GOP.
- When Justice Failed
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Donald Trump’s views on ‘anchor babies’ are a bit hypocritical
- James Harrison returning his sons’ “participation trophies”
- Hillary Clinton Email Scandal Could Pose Major Impediment to her Presidential Campaign
- Finished reading #SpoilerAlertTheHeroDies today. What a beautiful memoir. @MichaelAusiello #smurfsareawesome #KitCowan #MisterScooch #love 6 days ago
- RT @angiecthomas: No lie - I got teary-eyed when I saw this. Meet the Carter family 😊@TheHateUGive #theHateUGive https://t.co/hYzgEFDMnl 1 week ago
- RT @DaltonRoss: 35 Reasons to Love Survivor! (Had a lot of fun writing this. Please read & share with your #Survivor friends.) https://t.co… 1 week ago
- @CosmopolitanUK @HamiltonHilary .... 4 hours ago
- RT @tonyposnanski: Colin Kaepernick- Son of a Bitch Joe Arpaio- Pardoned Just in case you ever questioned that "White Supremacist" comme… 4 hours ago
- RT @jonfavs: Yes, we know that Trump attacking black athletes is good politics for Trump. That's not some revelation, that's the whole fuck… 4 hours ago
- Hope everyone is having a great #LaborDay2015 2 years ago
- RT @CarrieMuskat: Final #Cubs 14, D-backs 5. Rizzo grand slam, Russell 2 HRs, Baez 3 H/1 HR. Lester 5 IP 2 years ago
- Kentucky clerk, Kim Davis, refuses to issue same-sex marriage licenses wp.me/p2Gcas-1ft #KimDavis #Kentucky #RowanCounty #gaymarriage 2 years ago
- RT @ASlavitt: NEW: What would Graham-Cassidy ACA repeal mean for women? RT if useful. https://t.co/NRV2ohXyO7 4 days ago
- You're a fucking shithead, @realDonaldTrump. twitter.com/cnbcnow/status… 4 days ago
- Hey, @GOP. It's really not that hard to NOT be assholes. #Trumpcare 4 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Victoria Arlen, a Paralyzed U.S. Swimmer, is Banned from Paralympic World Championships
- What the heck has happened to Amanda Bynes?
- Mom hires strippers for son’s 16th birthday party
- Newsweek: Is College a Lousy Investment?
- Stacie Halas, a California Teacher fired for Porn Past, loses appeal
- What’s wrong with "American Idol?"
- Top 10 Pizzas
- Carla McKinney, a Colorado teacher, is reprimanded for posting topless photos on Twitter